5 jun 2009

A geek moment!

Culquier parecido con la realidad es mera coincidencia jajaja. Me entran mis momentos geeks, sorry!

Fix It Yourself  

When my printer's type began to grow faint, I called a local repair shop where a friendly man informed me that, probably, the printer only needed to be cleaned. Because the store charged $50 for such cleanings, he told me, I might be better off reading the printer's manual and trying the job myself. 
Pleasantly surprised by his candor, I asked, "Does your boss know that you discourage business?" 
"Actually it's my boss's idea," the employee replied sheepishly. "We usually make more money on repairs if we let people try to fix things themselves first."


What VISTA Really Stands For  
It's been revealed that "VISTA" is actually an acronym that describes what you can expect from the new operating system! 

V - Virus 
I - Instability 
S - Spyware/Spybots 
T - Trojans 
A - Adware

An Engineer, A Mathematician, And A Computer Programmer  
An engineer, a mathematician, and a computer programmer are driving down the road when the car they are in gets a flat tire. 

The engineer says that they should buy a new car. 

The mathematician says they should sell the old tire and buy a new one. 

The computer programmer says they should drive the car around the block and see if the tire fixes itself.

An Engineer, A Manager, And A Computer Programmer  
There was an engineer, manager and programmer driving down a steep mountain road. 

The brakes failed and the car careened down the road out of control.

Half way down the driver managed to stop the car by running it against the embankment narrowing avoiding going over a cliff.

They all got out, shaken by their narrow escape from death, but otherwise unharmed.

The manager said "To fix this problem we need to organize a committee, have meetings, and through a process of continuous improvement, develop a solution."

The engineer said "No that would take too long, and besides that method never worked before. I have my trusty pen knife here and will take apart the brake system, isolate the problem and correct it."

The programmer said "I think you're both wrong! I think we should all push the car back up the hill and see if it happens again."


No hay comentarios: